HypnoBirthing® is a natural childbirth philosophy developed by Marie Mongan.
HypnoBirthing® focuses on childbirth education, visualizations and relaxation techniques based on self-hypnosis as well as dispelling the fears associated with Childbirth. HypnoBirthing® focuses on teaching you how to relax your mind and your body. When your body is more relaxed your uterine muscles can open more easily which will lead to an easier birth.
HypnoBirthing® is an incredible tool to get yourself in a desired peaceful and confident frame of mind by the time of arrival of your baby.
HypnoBirthing® classes are taught as a series of five classes.
During the HypnoBirthing Childbirth education classes, you will receive a copy of Marie Mongan's book: Hypnobirthing-The Mongan Method, Rainbow Relaxation and Affirmations Mp3s to enhance your practice and much more...
- Learn to be relaxed and eliminate the fear that causes tension
- Learn how to call upon the body's own natural relaxant and thus lessen, or even eliminate, discomfort and the use of chemical painkillers and drugs
- Reduce the pain during labor: most women only feel some pressure
- Reduces and often eliminate fatigue during Labor, leaving you fresh and alert
- Builds confidence in your body's own natural ability to birth without unnecessary interventions
- Shortens the first phase of labor
- Learn special breathing techniques allowing you to breathe your baby into the world rather than push
- Reduces the need for an episiotomy
- Prepares your companion to assist you during your labor, giving him/her an integral role in the birthing
- Enhances the bond between Mother and Child and the birthing partner
HypnoBirthing® Techniques are simple and easy. Just like with any techniques, the key to success is practice. And the earlier you start the more time you have to practice. The sooner you start the more time you have to practice the techniques, the more natural they will come to you!
HypnoBirthing® Classes Calendar
Friday classes in Williamsburg 7pm: Oct 5th, 12th, 19th, Nov 2d and 9th 3 spots left
Saturday classes Fort Greene/Clinton Hill 5.30pm: Oct 6th, 13th, 20th, Nov 3d and 10th 4 spots left
Wednesday classes in Wall Street 7pm: Oct 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st, Nov 7th 3 spots left
Monday nights in Fort Greene/Clinton Hill 7.15pm: Oct 22d, 29th, Nov 5th, 12th and 19th
Thursday nights in Williamsburg 7pm: Nov 1st, 8th, 15th, 29th and Dec 6th
Wednesday nights in Wall Street 7pm: Nov 14th, 28th, Dec 5th, 12th and 19th
Please send an email to email@example.com or use our contact form.
If you miss a class or need to switch and cannot attend a group session, the class will have to be done privately. The fee for one make-up class is $150.
HypnoBirthing® Classes Curriculum
Unit 1 - Building A Positive Expectancy
- Introduction to the remarkable HypnoBirthing philosophy
- The History of Women and Birthing
- Why and how you can have an easier, more comfortable, and safer birthing
- How Nature perfectly designed women’s bodies to birth
- How to assist, rather than resist, your natural birthing instincts
- The vocabulary for calm and gentle birthing
- Visualizing gentle births by viewing beautiful birthing videos
Unit 2 - Falling in Love with Your Baby/Preparing Mind & Body
- The remarkable mind of your newborn baby—Prenatal bonding techniques
- Rapid and instant self-relaxation techniques and deepening techniques
- Breathing techniques for labor and birthing
- Hypnotic relaxation and visualization
- Selecting the right care provider
- The Birth companion’s role in birthing
- Preparing your body for birthing with massage and toning
Unit 3 - Getting Ready to Welcome your Baby
- Preparing Birth Preference Sheets
- Preparing the Body for Birthing
- Light Touch Labor Massage
- Your body working for and with you
- Avoiding artificial induction and achieving a natural start to labor
- Releasing negative emotions, fears and limiting thoughts
Unit 4 - An overview of Birthing – A Labor of Love
- Onset of Labor – Thinning and Opening Phase
- Birth explained simply
- Settling in at the hospital or birthing center
- Preparing for home birth – or baby’s choice of birth
- As labor moves along – passing time through labor
- Hallmarks of labor
- If labor rests or slows – Companion’s prompts and activities
- As labor advances – birthing with your baby
- Protecting the natural birthing experience
- Birth rehearsal imagery
Unit 5 - Birth – Breathing Love - Bringing Life
- Moving into birthing
- Positions for descent and birthing
- Breathing baby down to birth
- Baby moves to the breast
- Family bonding with your baby